Menu
Snakecharmer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Undelivered email

Just tried to send my wife an email with just a title and a link to Debenhams.  Tried several times with the same result.  Never had this before!  We both have Virgin email.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     skirts

Sent:  24/02/2019 17:24

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Heather' on 24/02/2019 17:24

552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) xxVkglgTYBbWYxxVkgkFAw

Snakecharmer
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Undelivered email

Forgot to mention I am using Outlook 

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I forgot to mention that issues like this drive us Superusers round the twist. I spent most of today explaining to someone else (VM staff actually) what is going on here with the VM spam filters on outgoing mail. and then you bring this one up. Is my travail never to end????

It is enough to make you believe that the VM mail spam filtering system is a disaster on wheels. Actually I do think that because even  as a VM customer I moved away from VM mail as a whole ages ago. You get my drift.

A member of the VM Forum Team (VM Staff - I hope the same guy to whom I was writing earlier today) picks this up and asks VM to look at the mail and the reasons for rejection. It could be simply that someone else somewhere else marked  as spam with this URL in it. And hey presto you get this result. The mail is identifiable to VM by the apparently meaningless string of letters and numbers before the VM 603 code.

All you can do is try again, the error may have cleared, but otherwise you will have to wait here for the Team to reach this thread.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That error message means that one of the security firms that VM work with have listed the link or some other part of the email as spammy.  Often these get cleared quite quickly especially if the link is genuine, which I would expect Debenhams to be.

Maybe worth trying again tomorrow to see if it has cleared.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped