Menu
Mattsmith78
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unable to verify email and user name

So I live in Germany and I recently got my mum installed with Virgin media. She isn’t very tech savvy. So when I spoke to the Virgin team I explained that I would need to be able to control my mums account from Germany and I asked to be put on the account exactly for this reason. 
ive set up for her a new Virgin media email and user name but I can’t access the the account to verify account. When I log in it keeps saying I need to verify the account in her new in box which should be easy but it won’t let me log in to do that.  I’ve managed to contact a team member but all they say is, I need my mum to call and set up new account. This isn’t very good as I’ve already spoke to them that I live in Germany and my mum isn’t good at this stuff. 

It would of been easier just to use my normal email address. 
I won’t be in England now for a few months and won’t be able to do anything from Germany, this is what I was trying to avoid so can anyone give advice I can’t call because there are no phone numbers to call from here. 
cheers 

Matt smith 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to verify email and user name

@Mattsmith78 wrote:
ive set up for her a new Virgin media email and user name but I can’t access the the account to verify account. When I log in it keeps saying I need to verify the account in her new in box which should be easy but it won’t let me log in to do that

That sounds as if instead of creating a new VM email address you have tried to change the email address used to sign into the 'My Virgin Media" account. That is intended to allow people to use a non VM email address to sign into their My Virgin Media account rather than their VM Primary email address.

Creating a new VM secondary email address (for example for your Mum) does not require you to verify the new address, you simply access it by using the address and password you specified when you set it up.

Here is how to do that:

Sign into the My Virgin Media Account from here https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn and click on "My Profile".

By the way, as you mentioned, when you sign into the "My Virgin Media" account you will see a message to the effect that you still have to verify the change of email address.There is the opportunity there to cancel that change of address and you should just click to confirm you want to cancel it.

Now click on "My Profile" and that takes you to the screen below where  you simply click on "create a new account"

New email address.png

That takes you to the next screen where you click on the red box at the bottom and then complete the details to set up the new @virginmedia.com address. That involves choosing a valid username (be prepared to have to make a few attempts before you find one that does not exist already) and then setting a password for the account.

new emailaddress 2.png

When you sign in to the new email account for the first time via https://mail2.virginmedia.com/   it will take you through setting some security questions so I would suggest that you need to do that before handing the fully set up email address and password over to your Mum.

I hope that makes sense. For what it is worth lots of people do exactly what you have done. It is confusing.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Mattsmith78
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So I tried what you sugested y unfortunately I can sign into my Virgin media account. 

Mattsmith78_0-1598194264936.jpeg

the problem is I cant access  the email to verify my user name. This message appears for both email and sign in to my Virgin media account. 

0 Kudos
Mattsmith78
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

also the problem is ive checked and my mum has both virgin media account and virgin email address  account and i cant access both because i cant confirm user name which is linked to the virgin email account which i cant access.

does anyone have a number i could ring from germany ive tried to ring all of the local number with the uk code +44 but nothing.

cheers

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Mattsmith78 wrote:

So I tried what you sugested y unfortunately I can sign into my Virgin media account. the problem is I cant access  the email to verify my user name. This message appears for both email and sign in to my Virgin media account. 

The image you posted is awaiting a check from the moderators so I cannot see it.

However, are you trying to sign in with the "new" email address you created or the one you used to set up the "My Virgin Media" account in the first place?

It should be the original one used to set up the "My Virgin Media" account. That will still exist because you cannot verify the one you tried unsuccessfully to set up.

Coenoby

Coenoby

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Mattsmith78 wrote:

also the problem is ive checked and my mum has both virgin media account and virgin email address  account and i cant access both because i cant confirm user name which is linked to the virgin email account which i cant access.

I would suggest using this link, https://my.virginmedia.com/create-profile/register   enter the account holders last name, your Virgin Media Account reference number and Area Reference and it will come up with the VM email address that you used to set up the *My Virgin Media" account.

You should then be able to follow the instructions in my earlier email.

Coenoby

0 Kudos
Mattsmith78
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I created a new Virgin email when setting up my Virgin media login 

it ask for a email or a new Virgin email so I created a new Virgin email. 
I can’t log on to it to confirm the user account. 
ive checked and I have accounts in both 
cheers 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Mattsmith78 wrote:

I created a new Virgin email when setting up my Virgin media login it ask for a email or a new Virgin email so I created a new Virgin email. 
I can’t log on to it to confirm the user account. ive checked and I have accounts in both 
cheers 

Sorry. I have done my best to help but it is difficult without seeing exactly what you have done to arrive at the situation you are now in. As far as I am aware the need to verify an email address only happens when you specify a non VM email address as the sign in.

Your best bet is to wait for a Forum team member to contact you via this forum and take the details from you by private message so that they can check exactly what you have done. They should then be able to get you back on track.

Coenoby

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As @coenoby has said there is clearly something odd going on here and the VM Forum Team are best placed to investigate for you 

In the circumstances I will escalate this to the Forum Team so that it goes to their priority queue.  However, they will not respond before tomorrow at the earliest, given the day and time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning @Mattsmith78 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. 

I would like to take a look into this,  I am going to drop you a PM. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M