cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sign in to virgin.net email

Fi-jons
Joining in

For several days now when I go to check my emails on my virgin app it’s asking me to sign in through MY.COM However when fill in my details it says Authorisation error, authentication failed.

Could someone please help, many thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Fi-jons wrote:

I go to check my emails on my virgin app it’s asking me to sign in through MY.COM

So do you use my.com, perhaps via their "myMail" app,  to manage your email accounts?

I ask that because there is no connection between Virgin Media and my.com so I don't understand why Virgin would direct you to sign in via your my.com account.

To try to trouble shoot any issues with your virgin.net email account, what happens when you try signing into your virgin.net account directly from on the VM website using this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ ?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Fi-jons
Joining in

Hi. 
thanks for getting back to me. When I try to sign in to VM I see this:

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore.

i’m fearing the worst. 
BW Fiona

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your posting history implies that you are using a virgin.net email address initially set up in the old dial up days that preceded cable broadband.  Unless such accounts were transferred to a  VM cable broadband account when the old dial up system was switched off many years ago such accounts will now have been shut down.  It looks as if your account may have been given a temporary reprieve last December but I suspect that the inevitable has now happened and the account has been closed.

Do you currently have a Virgin Media broadband account as that is a requirement for continued use of a VM email address, including the legacy domains?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks