cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sign in to ntworld email account

ChrisB163
Joining in

Cannot connect to my ntlworld email account.

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [REMOVED]@ntlworld.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for *********@ntlworld.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

This is across all devices.

Other email accounts are ok, eg outlook.com

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ChrisB163 In that case I would echo the advice given earlier to change the password for the email account concerned via your My Virgin Media account.  Wait an hour then recheck webmail access.  If the account has been unlocked then enter the new password into your Outlook client.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ChrisB163, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the NTL world email address, can you confirm if you get the same error when accessing from multiple devices and if the same issues when you update the password? Please update the password and wait an hour for it to sync and then try to log in again to see if anything changes? - Chris 

Thanks Chris,

It is the same problem across various devices, each want the password entered suggesting that the password has changed but I didn't change it. On one device, if I try to change it then it requires the current password to be entered which it then rejects.

I can't update the password as the windows 11 Outlook just says that there is a problem and when I try from the Virgin account it says mailbox not available.

If needed I can get screen shots of the various messages but unfortunately copying text where I could delete private information is not available!

Hope this is helpful?

ChrisB

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ChrisB163 The error messages from email clients such as Outlook are not always that helpful.

What happens if you try to log into the email address concerned via the Virgin Media Mail webmail page https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Does that allow access or produce an error message?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks Graham,

All I get is 

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment."

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ChrisB163 In that case I would echo the advice given earlier to change the password for the email account concerned via your My Virgin Media account.  Wait an hour then recheck webmail access.  If the account has been unlocked then enter the new password into your Outlook client.

Brilliant, thanks Graham, that worked. I'm sorry I misunderstood your earlier suggestion thinking it was the email password that I had to change not the VM password.

One suggestion you could pass on to those that organise the security issues, suggest sending the email to say that the account is blocked BEFORE the account is blocked, that way the customer will know what has happed.

On getting the email going again I could see that advisory message plus the messages from you at the community.

Perhaps its worth having a secondary email listed in the account that security issues could be sent to in the event that the prime email is compromised.

Thanks for all your help,

ChrisB.