Menu
Jackster001
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to send to hotmail addresses suddenly...

Hi all, I'm unable to send to hotmail addresses suddenly, this is the error that I'm receiving (help!)- This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: *********@hotmail.com host hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com [104.47.5.33] SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined MAIL FROM:<********@sky.com> SIZE=10150: 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [94.126.40.112] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [HE1EUR02FT004.eop-EUR02.prod.protection.outlook.com] Reporting-MTA: dns; out-mta22.ai270.net Action: failed Final-Recipient: rfc822;*********@hotmail.com Status: 5.0.0 Remote-MTA: dns; hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [94.126.40.112] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [HE1EUR02FT004.eop-EUR02.prod.protection.outlook.com]
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to send to hotmail addresses suddenly...

@Jackster001 

This mail is being bounced because - 94.126.40.112 is blacklisted by Microsoft,  this IP address does not belong to Virgin Media.  what outgoing email server are you using?

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Jackster001
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm looks like it's sky and not Virgin - just weird that it's suddenly started happening now when an engineer is booked to look at our router due to it dropping out every night now and other people are having problems.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Actually it doesn't look to be Sky at all.

While the senders address appears to be a sky.com address, I find this significant.

This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: *********@hotmail.com host hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com [104.47.5.33] SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined MAIL FROM:<********@sky.com> SIZE=10150: 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [94.126.40.112] weren't sent.

Sky actually uses Yahoo to provide their email service and this - MTA: dns; out-mta22.ai270.net is not AFAIK one of Yahoo's email servers.  (I have accounts with all the major free providers 😉 - I like to understand their systems).

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jackster001
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How odd? I haven't yet tried this morning!
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Definitely not a Sky server - doing a quick check on the domain and IP address

Mail sent from this IP address: 94.126.40.112 
Mail from (Sender): test@sky.com 

Results - softfail domain owner discourages use of this host

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I wanted to explain what I think is happening here.

I think this may originally be sent from a sky address but NOT to a hotmail address.  More likely it's being sent to a third address which is then forwarding the mail on to a hotmail address.  And it's the forwarding server that is being rejected.

If the sent mail is attached to the Non delivery report, that might give us a better insight into this.  Either way it doesn't appear to be a Virgin Media issue.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos