7 REPLIES 7

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you able to provide more detail, for example:

• webmail and / or email client issue
  • error message shown

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Jamaica1
Joining in

I’ve been unable to send or receive emails from my blueyonder account since Friday 10th November.

when I try to send mail, a pop up appears which states ‘Cannot send mail. The sender address was invalid.’

When I try to get mail, a message appears on the bottom of the screen. The message says ‘Account error: blueyonder.co.uk. Details.’  When I select ‘details’, a pop up appears and says ‘cannot get mail. No password provided for blueyonder.co.uk. Please go to mail account settings and enter a password’

i opened settings and re typed my password, but this did not resolve the problem. I cannot change my password because it will send the link to my blueyonder account that I can’t access…

How do I to fix this issue?

Hi @Jamaica1 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

As asked by @用心棒, can you please confirm whether you're experiencing the same issue both via webmail and an e-mail "client" app (like Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail or Gmail)?

General advice on how to manage your e-mail account can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

Jamaica1
Joining in

I’ve tried webmail on my laptop and outlook on my appleMac and iphone without success.

i think the pathway has been corrupted at virginmedia’s end.

I’ve already typed what appeared on my phone.

Ny appleMac had a pop up which said ‘unable to establish a secure connection to imap-virginmedia-com.edge.unified.services because the correct root certificate is not installed’

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are you still able to log into your MyVirginmedia broadband account? Is the email account still listed there? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Don’t know as I’ve never used that account. I have always used my legacy blueyonder account. I can’t check if the account is still listed because I’ve never used the virgin media account. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Just to be clear, as the talk about different accounts has become rather confusing.  Do you have a Virginmedia broadband account? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.