Menu
paul_1973
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to send emails with blueyonder email

The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.blueyonder.co.uk was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again.

thats the error message i get whenever i try and send an email

any ideas??   only just started doing it

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to send emails with blueyonder email

@paul_1973 wrote:

The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.blueyonder.co.uk was lost in the middle of the transaction

You may have only just started to get that error but Virgin Media have been advising Blueyonder email account holders to switch to using the virginmedia.com servers in their email settings since 2017. That means you keep your Blueyonder address but the mail goes through the virginmedia.com servers.

See the recommended settings here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438 

To be fair, the error that you are seeing may not be down to your Blueyonder settings so once you have updated your settings come back here with the full details if you are still seeing an error. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos