Both my wife and I are unable to send emails via VM servers this evening - Two sperate iPhones give an error saying password wrong - they have not been changed.
Some sort of authentication error?
I can't send (or receive it seems) on a Windows laptop either - so it doesn't seem to be a client issue.
Anyone else having trouble?
I will do further troubleshooting tomorrow if it persists but trying to just relax now tonight...
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks
I can/could access webmail okay.
The issue was affecting two accounts and on multiple devices - Apple, Windows, Android. Passwords not touched. Nothing changed our end. It was odd - sometimes we seemed to be able to receive emails but not send, sometimes not receiver or send. Some sort of authentication issue.
My account is the 'master' and associated with my Virgin Media account 'my virgin media' - though the user ID is actually that of another email address I use. I could login to my account. My wife's email address is a 'child' or sub account. Since VM changed the account webpages there is so little to see or change there - poor in my view.
This was clearly a problem at the VM end - on their servers
Last night I looked at changing my password, to flush things through/reset everything - but the password change page wasn't working - whatever password I tried it showed 'invalid' or that it didn't meet the requirements despite being okay - even say kwlHKYA3mm! wasn't being accepted. This morning it is being accepted.
I did try rebooting my router and hub (I use a 3rd party router with hub in modem mode) but that made no difference.
This morning at 06:30 I still couldn't send emails. At 07:30 I found I could and I still can (and my wife can) - so something has been fixed - at the VM end.
I'm just glad it's not taken so long to start working - last time it took months and VM didn't have a clue.