Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to send emails from wifi at another household

Hi all,

I'm looking to see if anyone can give me any help or advice regarding an issue which is affecting my parents emails.  At present they are unable to send any emails via wifi whether it's on the phone/desktop however they can via webmail.

I've got a virginmedia email account so I tried to send an email from it and it came up with the following error message on my phone - Failed to send email - Connection problem (525.5.7.13 Authentication Denied (VM305))

Before creating this post, I asked my parents to check for spam and it's come back all clear.

Once I've got home - the email that was sitting in my outbox sent on my VM network.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lesley

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to send emails from wifi at another household

The VM305 error message is specific.  It means that the external IP address being used to send email is on the Spamhause SBL CSS blacklist.

This is something that the other household concerned needs to address as it will be their external IP that is listed.

They have a spam bot somewhere on their network.  You might like to refer them to this post:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Searching-for-Spambots-on-your-network/td-p/40...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos