Menu
monicadanese
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unable to send email from ntlworld on iphone and ipad

I have been unable to send ntlworld emails from my iphone or ipad.  I have tried putting a new password in but I still getting error messages telling me that it can't reach the SMTP server - please can a virgin media representative get in touch with me as soon as possible as I have been on the phone for over 30mins without getting through to anyone! 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to send email from ntlworld on iphone and ipad

Hi monicadanese,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues sending emails from your Iphone or Ipad.

We understand the frustration caused when things don't work they way they should. Is it just through these two devices that you are unable to send emails or is it any other device as well? Are you able to receive emails to these devices at all?

As it has been a short while since your last post has anything changed with your emails? 

Just in case I have a link here which gives advice on what to do if you are unable to send emails.

Please try the above and if you still require assistance please come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ensure you’re using the virginmedia servers:
imap.virginmedia.com
SSL yes
Port 993
smtp.virginmedia.com
SSL yes
Port 465

Is the iPhone running the latest OS?
Are you checking for mail using WiFi or cellular connection?

rockin_plumber
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same issue all weekend, and this evening. This is on my iPad, iPhone and using Mozilla Thinderbird on the PC. They sit in the outbox on the iPhone and iPad then says it cannot send mail. It just sits in the outbox and might send when it feels like it.

Emails sent today while at work, and I had no problem sending using webmail on the website all weekend.

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So an email won't send from your iPhone or iPad while you are at home but did from work without any problems correct?

If so then when at home try sending an email from your iPhone as normal (presumably it doesn't send), and then turn off the wifi on the phone so that it connects only over the mobile data network and see if the email sends then.

0 Kudos
rockin_plumber
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No difference, still won’t send on 4g 😖

in fact I sent an email when I got home on Wi-Fi about 6:00 tonight, but now nothing will send 😖

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi rockin_plumber,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your email. 

Can you confirm if you're using the Apple built in email app or a 3rd party one?

^Martin

0 Kudos
rockin_plumber
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I’m using the Apple built in app on the iPad and iPhone, and on the PC I’m using Mozilla Thunderbird

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us rockin_plumber,

Are you able to receive emails through your Apple built in apps?

You advised the email just sits in the outbox, does it send eventually or just stays in there?

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
rockin_plumber
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I can receive emails fine, they just sit in the outbox, I get a message telling me the username or password is wrong, I click cancel, but eventually it sends at some point, either on 4g or WiFi....

So obviously it’s not wrong.

0 Kudos