Menu
phildey
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to send e-mail

I keep having issues sending e-mail from my NTLworld address on my PC when connected to Virgin internet and on my Iphone when connected to Virgin WIFI. Spoken to Virgin media who keep saying all is ok.

How can this be so when I disconnect my phone from Virgin wifi my mail sends straight away?

As you will note with an NTL account I have been a Virgin/Nynex customer for many years and am now becoming completely [REMOVED] off with the inadequate service responses.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to send e-mail

It would be helpful to see what, if any, VM error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Command Shell or Terminal window and enter the following command where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com :Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password 2>&1 | (where findstr && (findstr "235 VM") || (grep "235\|VM")) 

Post the redacted results here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to send e-mail

Hi phildey,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some issues sending emails, if this is still a problem can you please follow what 用心棒 has advised.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos