Menu
northend
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to reset primary email account password

Hi, my problem is accessing my primary email account password. I going to upgrade my pc and the emails currently work on there to my primary account. However I need to have the password to set it back up again once I upgrade. Every time I try to reset this on the main site it tells me to contact (myself) the main account holder. I'm sending this on another email address for the account which I also still have access to.I have been on the chat and they told me I needed to phone, and on the phone they told me to access a "hub" menu on the website from the main page - I presume that means I have to be logged in first which I can't do as I don't have the password !! Please help as I am stuck in what seems to be an endless loop....

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to reset primary email account password

If the My Virgin Media page says that you are logging in with a secondary account you can use the forgotten username link to find what the system thinks your Primary username is.

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
northend
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah perhaps I wasn't clear. I can login with the secondary account but that doesn't enable you to reset the password to the primary account - of which I don't know the password.....

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@northend wrote:

Yeah perhaps I wasn't clear. I can login with the secondary account but that doesn't enable you to reset the password to the primary account - of which I don't know the password.....

You were clear to me which is why I suggested the forgotten username route to establish what the primary username is.

Have you tried that yet?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
northend
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know the primary username, I just don't know the password.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@northend wrote:

I know the primary username, I just don't know the password.

Ok, I have already escalated this thread to the VM Forum Team priority queue.  They should respond here tomorrow.

They are likely to send you a Private message to clear security questions in order to enable them to investigate the account.

Given that you know the primary username what happens when you try the forgotten password route?

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @northend 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see you are having this issue with your password.

I am going to send you a PM so we can look into this, please keep and eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos