Did you mean: 

Unable to receive mail

OrchardK
On our wavelength

Please could someone advise why I cannot now receive emails please, thanks 

23 REPLIES 23

OrchardK
On our wavelength

Just to confirm I am unable to receive emails to my virgin.net account, please could someone advise, thank you 

Do you have an active broadband account with VM??  -- If not, your email account is liable to be deleted !

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

OrchardK
On our wavelength

Thanks albob appreciate you letting me know, I have now got access back, so maybe you worked some magic…!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@OrchardK If your email access came back without you doing anything other than posting here it was likely due to a temporary blip.

albob is another community member and would not have been able to work any magic for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OrchardK
On our wavelength

Hi All I am unable to access my virgin.net email account again, thank you in advance for your help 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@OrchardK Please expand on your latest issue. What error message are you seeing when you attempt to access the email address concerned? Are you using VM Mail webmail via this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ or a third party email client?

Is the virgin.net email address concerned attached to your current VM broadband account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

OrchardK
On our wavelength

I can see my emails in my virgin.net account but I am not receiving mail at all, I am able to send mail though, thanks for your help in advance 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@OrchardK  When signed into VM webmail click on the hamburger icon and select Settings > Email and then check the Auto Forward and Filter Rules sections to look for any rogue entries that may be moving incoming email away from your account.

If you see any disable them and then run a full anti virus and malware check.  Following that change the email account password and security answers.

Please also confirm that the virgin.net email address is attached to your current VM broadband account.

OrchardK
On our wavelength

Thanks will give that a go, I have never had broad band with virgin and obviously they have updated their system recently, this also happened to me around a year ago and they were able to reinstall the email eventually, thanks again