Menu
Gary5743
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to receive mail to Blueyonder since Friday

Hi 

Since Friday I have not been able to receive email to my Blueyonder.co.uk email address.

Looking at other comments I have.

Changed my password.

Checked for any odd forwarding, filters etc.

I am getting spam mail, so my thought is I have been hacked.

Thoughts  please

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to receive mail to Blueyonder since Friday

Hi Gary5743,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Email services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

I have a link here - Phishing Help - which gives you loads of useful information on how to combat spam emails.

You can also forward these emails to phishing@virginmedia.co.uk which will go to our phishing team, they will flag the email as spam, helping the servers stomp out these email addresses. 

As further help and advice to keep you protected, you can change all passwords to important apps and accounts such as banking apps, your Virgin Media Online Account, any shopping websites such as Amazon which have your banking details if you feel like you want to be extra careful.
Keeping your computer up to date and frequent virus scans (I do a scan once a month on my personal PC) will help keep you well protected and in the know with any issues. You can do this on your smart phone or tablets too!
I also have a handy link here - Fraud Prevention - which has a blanket overview of fraud that I think will be helpful 🙂

As a last resort to combat a hacked email address, we can also delete the address on our servers so it no longer exists, giving you the opportunity to create a new email with us our another email provider like Gmail etc. 
I hope my info gives you a bit more clarity!

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos