Menu
bg0209X
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unable to receive email

I am a VM broadband, TV and phone customer. I have an ntlworld email account and my wife also has one. Mine is the primary account. A few days ago she stopped getting emails and on checking, the send process is ok but the receive process gets an authentication error. After a bit of searching on the web I logged into my VM account and went to 'manage accounts' where I changed the password for my wife's email account. I subsequently received confirmation on my email account to say the changes hd been made. However this made no difference.

I then went to 'Account Settings' in Outlook where I tried to repair my wife's account settings, but Outlook was unable to find the details on the server (encrypted or unencrypted)

Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Is it a problem at the server side?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to receive email

Hi bg0209X,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been unable to access your email account ,so I can help with this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you using the NTLworld servers or Virginmedia?
Which email client (if any) are you using?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi bg0209X,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been unable to access your email account ,so I can help with this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

bg0209X
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anankha

Sorry to be so long replying. The short answer is that I don't know. We originally were customers of NTLWorld, many many years ago, then that was taken over by Virgin Media, so I'm not sure. Is there any way I can check?

Regards,

Barry Gibson

0 Kudos
bg0209X
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Anankha,

I am using Outlook.

Barry Gibson

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don’t use Outlook but there must be a way to view the server settings for the account.
If you haven’t changed the servers to VM ones then they’re possibly still set to NTLWorld.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@bg0209X wrote:

Sorry Anankha,

I am using Outlook.

Barry Gibson

Hi Barry,

You have been sent two private messages from Forum Team member @Paul_DN  seeking to help you out.  Have you replied to his private messages?

As a VM staff member he has much more access to the VM systems than the VIP community members.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
bg0209X
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Probably being very thick here, but I wasn't sure how he wanted me to confirm. He said 'click the purple envelope to confirm', and the only purple thing I could see was the thumbs up kudos button, which is purple, so I clicked that last night, but haven't heard since.

Probably not related at all, but this morning I had an email from Pien Stolte ??? of email fieftermil.eu asking me to confirm my invitation. I didn't reply.

Regards

Barry Gibson

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@bg0209X wrote:

Hi Graham,

Probably being very thick here, but I wasn't sure how he wanted me to confirm. He said 'click the purple envelope to confirm', and the only purple thing I could see was the thumbs up kudos button, which is purple, so I clicked that last night, but haven't heard since.

Probably not related at all, but this morning I had an email from Pien Stolte ??? of email fieftermil.eu asking me to confirm my invitation. I didn't reply.

Regards

Barry Gibson

If you scroll to the top of this forum page and look to the right of your name you will see a bell symbol and a purple envelope.  Click on the purple envelope to open the private messenger window.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos