cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive email messages but can send them

ChrisSawyer1
Tuning in

I have not been able to access my emails via Outlook but I can send emails. In outlook the error message says can't connect to the server. I have tried resetting the passwords but this has not made any difference. I am wondering if this is related to the issues at the end of June as I was one of the customers whose access to historical delays was not restored.

I also can't access any emails through mail.virginmedia.com either and receive the mesasge your virgin email account is currently unavailable but following the steps suggested have not made any difference

9 REPLIES 9

ChrisSawyer1
Tuning in

Further information is the email account I can't access is an ntlworld.com account. I am new to this forum - do Virgin Media ever respond to posts as it is very frustrating that it seems to be so difficult to resolve this issue.

ChrisSawyer1
Tuning in

Since Friday 14 July I have had no access to my ntlworld email inbox although I can send emails. I have been through the process of unlocking my virgin media mail account without any success. What else can I try and do others have the same issue.

Hi @ChrisSawyer1 thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

There are some issues with mailboxes at the moment in terms of a wider issue, but in order to comment on this either way first are you able to please provide a screenshot of what's happening when you're trying to log in?

Many thanks

Tom_W

When I log in via Outlook the error message says cannot connect to the server when trying to receive but successfully sends.

When I try to access via Virgin media email I receive the "your virgin media email account is currently unavailable" screen  but running through the three steps to resolve makes no difference

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ChrisSawyer1,

Thanks for coming back to us about this ongoing email issue. We do apologise that you're facing ongoing issues with accessing your mailbox.

Our teams are aware of this problem and are working hard to have this rectified as soon as possible. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. We're aiming to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

How will I know when the issue is resolved. Should I just keep trying to access emails either via Outlook or mailvirginmedia.com or do I do need to do anything specific.

We would recommend to keep trying every few hours. 

^Martin

I am still not able to access my inbox and following the processes suggested make no difference.

I have been a customer of Virgin Media for over twenty years and I find the lack of support and the inability of anyone to be able to offer any assistance very disappointing.

What is equally frustrating is that it is impossible to know whether the fault is with my systems or with Virgin Media systems.

I do appreciate your frustration with that. This is still ongoing. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible. 

^Martin