Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Unable to logon to email

Despite using the correct username and email (green ticks indicate it is correct) I am unable to logon to my email on either my laptop or Iphone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to logon to email

The green ticks are simply there to indicate that the entries you have made are in the correct format.  They do not indicate that your actual user name and or password match those held in the authentication servers.

What error message are you seeing?

Have you tried the 'Forgotten Password' link?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but although it says the password is incorrect it is definitely correct. The same ones I have used for years. It is a different issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The issue could be any number of things:

1. Your email address has been hacked and a third party has changed the password for the account
  2. The VM security team have locked your account having discovered security concerns
  3. Your email account is 'orphaned' and in the process of being deleted

Attempting to reset the password via the forgotten password link is the next step you should take.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham, I really appreciate your help.

However, I really don't want to re-set my password as I am using the correct details to login. Having read something along these lines that someone else posted, I think the issue is to do with now having a contract after having been out of contract for some time and somehow this has affected my settings. Are there any VM staff who could help with this please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can you expand on 'having been out of contract for some time'? Do you mean you no longer have a Virgin Media broadband account? or merely that you are now on a rolling 30 day contract?

If it is the former then that could well be the reason you are having access difficulties.  In order to continue using a VM email account you have to be a broadband customer.  See this post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

The Forum Team are VM staff and will post here if they need to add anything to the discussion.  However, if you are no longer a customer all they can do is to ensure the email address is fully shut down.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I do still have a broadband account but have been on a rolling contract until recently but now have a new contract

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Filia,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Terribly sorry to hear that you've been having issues with our E-Mail service.

Can you please attempt to change the password to see if that can get you into the E-Mail account on our web mail platform? If this doesn't resolve the issue, please attempt the forgotten password link to see if that can resolve this issue. Please also try different browsers for me if possible.

If both of these fail, then please come back to us and we'll attempt to set a new temporary password via our PM service to see if this can resolve the issue. If we're still struggling beyond that point, it may be the case of an IT ticket to resolve.

Kindest regards,

David

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

how do i attempt to change the password first to get into web mail platform without using the forgotten password link?

(I have already tried to log in using different browsers and devices)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The depends on whether or not you can access the My Virgin Media pages: https://my.virginmedia.com/

If so then: Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

0 Kudos