Menu
simon16918
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to login to 2nd email account

I have an original account in area 22 with my main email account i also have an account in area 24 which i can't access as i appear to be locked into area 22 account. i have tried registering area 24 account but comes back to area 22 account even though i have entered account number for area 24. I have tried to login to area 24 email from outlook and on mobile to get to the activation email but all say username and password incorrect. I have checked and both username and password are correct. any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to login to 2nd email account

Hi simon16918,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your online account. 

If you have already used the email address at one property, you wouldn't be able to set up another online account with it I'm afraid- you will need to use a different email address.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
simon16918
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex
Thanks for your reply re my problem the area 24 account is set up with a different email address although i want to keep email address from area 22 account

Simon
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Simon, 

You can only have an email address registered at one account at any one time. 

Is the area 24 account a new account? Are you moving to this one?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
simon16918
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex
Thanks once again for your reply. To answer your question the area 24 account was opened in july 2015. I left the area 22 address in feb 2015, my ex wife is still at the area 22 address and has taken over the account there. obviously between feb and july i was accessing my email from friends where i was staying. after moving to my new address and having Virgin installed i have continued to use my area 22 email as that is the one everybody knows. The area 24 account has never been fully set up as i haven't been able to confirm activation email. Speaking to Virgin faults team they advised to access area 24 email via outlook on my phone as this has never been used for the area 22 email. On entering correct username and password i am still getting blocked stating username or password is incorrect. i have double checked this as i have password management on chrome. All i want to do is activate area 24 email then move my main email address to area 24 leaving me nothing to do with the area 22 account. sorry to be a bit long winded hope this makes sense.
Thanks again
Simon
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid that what you want to achieve isn't possible with Virgin Media.  Single email addresses cannot be moved between accounts.

You will need to create a new email address, preferably with a provider not linked to your ISP, and inform your contacts of your new address.

As the current email address is linked to your ex's account your are in a tricky position as your ex is still able to control the account, access the emails, change the password and, provided it is a secondary account, delete it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks