Menu
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unable to log in to email

Good Evening

I am no longer a Virgin Media customer but I still have access to my Virgin Media email. I do send emails from Virgin Media but I still receive the occassional email in my inbox. 

There have been recent major problems with Virgin Media in my area which did not affect me as I am not a Broadband user.

I have today gone to log into my email and find I cannot because both my email address and password are said to be incorrect. I beleive this is connected to the recent fault. 

I have looked at the "help" section but this all relates to customers who have faults and not none customers. 

How do I get access to my email account?   

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log in to email

You don't. The error is likely nothing to do with the area fault. You are not a VM broadband customer and you are therefore not entitled to use VM mail which is reserved exclusively for VM BB customers who pay their subscriptions. VM have now closed your account which they should probably have done a long time ago.. They will not give you access.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Rather than being related to a fault it is more likely that the email account has now been closed by Virgin Media, as you are no longer a VM broadband customer.

This should happen 90 days after you cease being a customer, but can sometimes be after a much longer period.

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to check the exact status when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your very curt answer HowardML

You are wrong. Virgin Media let ex customers use email for as long as Virgin Media allow this. Virgin Media told me that they would inform me when they were going to cancel my access to email. As they have not done this then I will wait to be informed officially by Virgin Media if this is the case.

I had a similar problem the last time there was a major fault and received the help required to get back into my account.

0 Kudos
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Graham_A. Please see my reply to HowardML

I will look forward to a response from Virgin Media Forum Team Staff

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Molly, I'm afraid that you are mistaken in your belief re access to email by former customers.

I have escalated this to the VM Forum Team so that they will respond quickly to clear up this issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I will only comment that you are bound to be disappointed when the VM staff on this Forum reach this thread. More than five years answering on this Forum and dealing with issues like this I have never heard or been told that VM offer such a concession which, if true, would be utterly resented by paying customers like me. And if you don't like my style of answering you can always read the second reply from the other VIP who commented.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your further comment Graham_A

I shall wait to hear from the Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @molly1752,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to access your email account. However, as has been advised by the other members of the community in this thread, it's correct that if you are not currently a Virgin Media customer with an active monthly broadband service subscription then you're not entitled to a Virgin Media hosted email address.

This is normally active for up to 90 days following the termination of your broadband services. However, sometimes if the email address is in constant use it can be missed, though we do go through and do a clean up and, as such, any email address no longer associated with an active account is deleted and removed.

We also state within our Acceptable Use Policy that "Upon suspension or termination of services the content may be removed and permanently deleted by Virgin Media without notice."

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

molly1752
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Zach

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have been a Virgin Media customer for Broadband and Telephone at least three times over recent years. On the previous occassion prior to this last one I was in exactly the same situation. 

On that occassion I was personally told my email account would be closed after 90 days after leaving Virgin Media. This did not happen and it was actually a number of years later when I received email notification that it was definitely going to be closed and I would have a further 90 days from the date of that second email. After the second notification the email account was closed and I no longer had access.

If this is the case on this occassion I expect Virgin Media to be courtious enough to inform me that my email account is being closed with immediate effect.

How do I find out what has exactly happened on this occassion?    

0 Kudos