Menu
mrbeach
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to log in to email

Hi,

Looking for a bit of help.

I started having issues logging into my emails Tuesday morning. I found I was unable to log in to webmail or via my 2 Android devices.

I have looked at the forum and tried several things with no success.

Webmail - I have tried to connected via https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox

With this I get presented with the sign in box, enter my credentials, it sits there for a while and then redirects to store.virginmedia.com and I get a message saying that my mailbox is unavailable and I should try in about an hour.

From my Android devices I ham using the Gmail client connecting via IMAP as I have done for years with my 'ntlworld' account added. Nothing was changed on either of these clients my emails just stopped working

This complains of 'Correct Credentials Needed'

I enter the correct credentials and hit next the email client then comes back with 'problem with account setup - Your username or password is incorrect'

If I go into the settings of the client I can update the SMTP settings without issue. It's just the IMAP settings that won't resolve.

Three other members of the family with emails setup under the same account have no issues and I have no other issues as I am currently working from home and can quite happily connect to works systems via VPN etc.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log in to email

Hey mrbeach,

We had an issue with logging into our email accounts over the last few days but this should have now been resolved. 

Our online login page has changed, you can find more information about this on this post.  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Logging-into-your-email-account-with-a-bookmark/td-p/4283...

Please can you try to access your account as direct in the above link and let us know if you can now log into your account.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
mrbeach
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven_L

I have tried the link in the thread you refer me to after clearing my cookies and history in my Chrome browser. I still get directed to store.virginmedia.com/unavailable with a message saying that your mailbox is not available at the moment - try again later. I have spent most of the day in an online chat to Virginmedia regarding this issue and have have been assigned an IT ticket reference number P009983837.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have re-enabled your mailbox to see if this can help refresh your connection to the email server. Please can you try to log into your account now and let me know what happens.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
mrbeach
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven_L

Tried again, same result 😢

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for checking, have you been able to access the account since your last update?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
mrbeach
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

I had a call from VM this morning. For some reason my mailbox had been locked. It has now been unlocked and I can access my emails again. This problem can now be resolved. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's great to hear that this has been resolved for you.

If you have any other queries for us please don't hesitate to get back in touch. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos