Menu
Shaggy2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to get in to online account

Hi

It seems I am yet again unable to get in to my internet account.

I have typed in my username and password and it does not recognise the password.

I may have forgotten my password (though I do not think so), so I clicked the link for the forgotten password and it asks for security details.

I type these in and it is saying it does not recognise them.

Could someone please tell me how I can go about getting hold of someone to help get in to my online account.

0 Kudos
Shaggy2
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to get in to online account

OK.

I finally managed to get hold of someone to talk to on the phone (after waiting ~50 mins !!!!) and it looks like the account has been closed because the username is an old ntlworld address.

She could not do anything to get in to the account, so has forwarded me to the SMS? team - still on hold with them (~40 min so far) - truly appalling.

Anyone know of any other way, apart from waiting literally hours on the phone, to get my account enabled ?

And once my account is enabled how to set things up (change username ?) such that it won't be shut down under my feet again ?
0 Kudos
Shaggy2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I managed to get someone on the end of a phone who could re-create an account for me with a new user name. I can now log in again and hopefully it will not be auto-deleted, so issue has now been resolved - though it was pretty painful to do so.
0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Shaggy2 wrote:
................it looks like the account has been closed because the username is an old ntlworld address.

The fact it is an ntlworld.com account has nothing to do with it. Someone at VM is just fobbing you off.

However, VM's Acceptable use policy (see here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/acceptable-use-policy ) does state:

6.7. If the email account is not used in any 90 day period we will suspend that account without prior notice. This will not impact any other email addresses associated with that account, as long as they are accessed within a 90 day period.

I have an ntlworld.com account that is still going strong even though I have only ever used it to receive emails from VM themselves.

Also, bizarrely, you will find many threads on here from former VM customers complaining that their old ntlworld accounts are still autoforwarding spam emails to their new (non VM) email accounts even though they stopped being VM customers years and years ago. So obviously VM are not shutting down Ntlworld accounts en masse.

In any event I hope they have got it sorted properly for you.

BTW  I am assuming that you are still a VM broadband customer but it's not clear from your posts if it was just an email account or you "My Virgin Media" account (that is the account you use to view your VM monthly bills).

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos