hello there

i'm unable to get e-mails from cineworld please help

0 Kudos
rfonline
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to get e-mails from cineworld

looks like i'm gonna be forced to phone them up and change my unlimited account email address to gmail

only problem is the phone lines are closed at the moment

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to get e-mails from cineworld

@rfonline wrote:

looks like i'm gonna be forced to phone them up and change my unlimited account email address to gmail

only problem is the phone lines are closed at the moment

In my opinion that would be a good move even if the Cineworld emails were coming through. Gmail provides much more security than Virgin Media's email service so is a much better email option to use with all your online accounts such as Amazon and eBay.

However in the meantime you should check that there are no Filter rules set up in your Webmail account that could be causing this:

1) Sign in to your webmail account from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

2) Click on the system menu icon   on the right side of the menu bar and click Settings.

3) Expand the E-mail options.

4) Select Filter Rules.

That will display all the rules including blacklists that are set up on your account.

Are there any rules there that you do not recognize? If so, that's a worry because it suggests your email account has been hacked. You will need to follow all the advice here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked 

Hopefully that is not the case but if there are any filter rules that you set up yourself it would be worth disabling them for the moment to see if the Cineworld emails can come through. Filter rules can have unexpected consequences  and one of them may be responsible for Cineworld emails not getting through.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos