Menu
jackancell
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to find email username

I (and another member of my household) have an ntlworld email account that work on devices that are signed in (like on the apple mail app and outlook). However, we cannot sign in online with these addresses, and cannot sign into new devices (like a new phones mail app). 

When I try online, it says that the username or password was wrong, so I click forgot password and it says that the username was not found. I don't have an account number so cannot use that feature to re-find my username (but I do know what it is).

Does anyone know what I can do?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to find email username

@jackancell  The key factor is likely to be that you don't have an account number.

You must have a Virgin Media broadband account in order to have continued use of an Ntlworld email address and the address must be part of that account.

Webmail access is the first to go when an address is orphaned.  Email client access will also eventually be stopped.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m... will explain in more detail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos