Menu
Wendolene
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to create another email account.

Hello. I currently have 8 email address’, and would like to create another as I believe I can have a total of 9.

I follow the procedure, enter my preferred new email address, check availability (it is) then enter/confirm a new password. All goes fine up to this point.

However, when I click on the final button to create the new account, it just takes me to another webpage stating ‘Oops, something went wrong, this part of the site isn’t working right now’.

The trouble is that when I retry to create the email address again, even days later, it tells me that the new address is not available I assume it’s because it’s partially gone through the creation process before and kind of reserved it.

Any ideas please?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to create another email account.

Hi Wendolene, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when trying to register a new email address. 

Since some time has passed since your initial post, can you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue?

If you are, please let me know and I will be happy to assist further. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Wendolene
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply..

Yes, I still can’t create an additional email account. It takes the new address I pick, but just says ‘oops, something went wrong’ on the next page. Trouble is that it flags my chosen address as in use so I have to keep changing the one I want to make every time it try to creates a new one.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Wendolene

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues setting up the additional email address, we can confirm you are allowed up to 9 individual email addresses.

Can you confirm you're using the steps outlined here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-create-a-new-email-address please?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Wendolene
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have. I have attached screenshots of the steps, and ultimate failure message...

The screenshots have uploaded in the wrong order, but you see what I mean.

email address creation step 3.pngemail address creation step 2.pngemail address creation 1.png

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Two of the screen shots cannot be published because they show personal details.  However, the staff can still view them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wendolene,

Thanks for coming back to us, I am sorry you are still unable to set up the additional emails, I have tried to have a look our end however was unable to find it with the details we have for you, I will be happy to help further, I will send you a link into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.