Menu
ChasK
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum number of connections to this se

Hi, I keep getting the following error message when trying to login via Thunderbird:

Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum number of connections to this server.

I have followed the guidance from Thunderbird and reduced cached connections to 1 but this still keeps happening from time to time. Sometimes I get connected, sometimes I get the error.

I have checked the Virgin Forum and this was also an issue reported in May 2020.

I am assuming that this is an on-going issue with Virgin email server(s)? 

Any update or further explanation available?

Thanks

0 Kudos
sneezy24
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum number of connections to thi

Same here.

Two different mail accounts, two different PCs.

My GMail and Hotmail both work fine under T'Bird.

Come on VM, can we have a response?

0 Kudos
cdorling
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum number of connections to thi

Same for me too, using Thunderird on Windows 10. I've tried all numbers from 1 to 8 to no avail, soleft it at 3.

Sometimes emails get through, many times I get that pesky message shown in teh subject. Very frustrating!

0 Kudos
sneezy24
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm experimenting with changing the timeout on Thunderbird - looks promising so far, I'll keep this thread up to date with progress.

0 Kudos