Menu
BlueBox
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect to email server

hi  avery time I try and send email from my phone I get  server error  checked  all setting  its ok

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect to email server

What was the error message; redact personal information before posting?

Is the issue occurring when connected to Wi-Fi or mobile carrier network, or both?

Is the issue occurring on other devices connected to the same network?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BlueBox
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi i have noticed that I can send the email from wifi without any problem  will try sending email from pc dont know  if this info helps  but I am with Three Network

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Issue is likely due to the public IP Address of the network your device is connected to appearing on one or more of Spamhaus's lists that Virgin Media use to protect their outgoing mail server. To confirm, when the issue next occurs:

0 Kudos
BlueBox
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

This is result off the lookup 

[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Your IP addresses were removed as personal information which must never be posted on a public forum. Such information enables scammers and hackers to identify your system. Just tell us the results. Which lists did the IP address appear on,if any?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

They appeared to be IPv6 addresses and were not on any of the main lists.  That they were IPv6 addresses adds a different dimension given that VM home broadband connections are still IPv4.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BlueBox
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

IPv4 are showing blocked 

92.**.*72.**is listed in the PBL

92.**.*72.** is listed in the XBL

0 Kudos
BlueBox
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Got a reply from Three Network 

We provide you a dynamic IP address & that cannot be changed. I have checked from my end there there is no block on your IP address from our end hence you may need to contact your email provider about this.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Maybe Three should consider expanding the datasets they query when determining the health of their IP Addresses to include Spamhaus.

This issue is likely to remain unresolved, following are some of the reasons why:

• cannot see any reason why those utilising Spamhaus's lists to protect their network(s) would stop doing so
  • the dynamic IP Address assigned to your device is likely within a private IP Address range not addressable from the Internet
  • IP masquerading is used to route network traffic to / from the private address space via a single public IP Address to the internet
  • one or more of the device within the private address space could be responsible for the malicious network traffic detected by Spamhaus
  • confidence level for maintaining a delisting from the XBL is extremely low due to a lack of control over the network and/or devices connecting to it

Consider using webmail as a workaround.

0 Kudos