cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Email

FrankieB51
Tuning in

The mail app has stopped my ability to send and receive on apple mac and Apple mobile phone. Asking for a password yet the password I have is shown as incorrect even though I can access my emails using the same password view Virgin Media account on Safari.

7 REPLIES 7

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi FrankieB51,

Thank you for your post 🙂

I am sorry you are having email issues. Can you confirm some details so we can get more of an idea of what is going on?

What domain is your email? (we just need the domain, not the full email), can you access on a non-apple device? Do you have an active account with us?

Zoie

FrankieB51
Tuning in

A few weeks ago, the mail app stopped my ability to send and receive on apple mac and iphone. Asking for a password yet the password I have is incorrect even though I can access my emails using the same password via virginmedia account on safari? Any advice would be much appreciated. My IT knowledge is very limited therefore the mechanical help line is not helpful to me.

Hi FrankieB51, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue when using your mails through an app. 

As you've said things are working fine when logging in through My VM to the email section, this would suggest a possible issue with the server settings. 

Try removing the email account from the app and re-adding it making sure you use the settings found here.

Pop back and let us know how things go. 

Take care,  

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Zoie

I am with virginmedia.com, I do not have a non-apple device. I do have an active account with VirginMedia including mobile, TV package and home phone. I have been a Virgin customer for more than 20 years but my IT knowledge is very limited.

Regards

Frank 

Thanks for coming back to us FrankieB51

Can you confirm the email itself works on Webmail? 

If so, it maybe a case of deleting and re-adding the email to your device again to resolve this.

This link should help further 🙂

Let me know how you get on

Best, 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Many thanks to Syed from the VirginMedia Support Team who resolved the problem with my Email. Thank you Syed, you are a star.

Best regards

Frank

That's great hear @FrankieB51 we're so glad to hear it's back up and running! 

Can I ask what steps ended up resolving this for you? Just in case another customer finds this post in the future and can use it to help with their own issue. 

Thank you.