cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change password

P100
Joining in

Please can you help me.  I have tried to change my password on virgin email without success.  The message I receive is:

You can't use that password. Please choose another.

I have tried this numerous times with a number of different password which are identified as strong.  

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @P100, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you have been having issues with resetting your email password. This certainly is an odd one. Have you been able to try clearing cookies and cache to see if this helps? It may also be worth trying a private browser to see if this helps.

Failing that, can you please try trying this on multiple devices to see if this helps. Let us know how this goes, we will be happy to help further if needed. 

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan_B thanks for your response. I've already tried those options without success. I've tried to access the account on my phone or laptop through normal or private browsing sessions. Every time I answer the security questions and go to change my password, I still get the same error message "You can't use that password. Please choose another". This is despite the fact that the password is confirmed as strong.

If you have any other suggestions that would be most appreciated. I really don't get why the password can't just be reset at your end. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Regards

Hi P100, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you're still unable to change your email address password and for any inconvenience this may be causing you. I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.  Also, please can you advise us if the email address in question, is linked to an active Virgin Media broadband account?

Regards

Lee_R