Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access webmail for ntlworld email address

I use an ntlworld email address predating Virgins takeover of ntl - it works fine using email clients in windows/android etc.

Until recently I have been able to access the webmail for this ntl address by logging via Virgin media with my ntl email address and password

I dont seem to be able to do this anymore - I have to login to myvirgin media and it just takes me to the mailbox for my user account xxxxxx@gmail.com

Anyone know how i can login see my webmail for the ntl address ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access webmail for ntlworld email address

Make sure you are logged out of My Virgin Media.  Then go to https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ and sign in with your ntlworld address and password.

What happens?

If it says email not recognised or something similar read this post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to Graeme for v quick reply, I'll give it a go a see how I get on......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi G - Using url you supplied i entered ntl email address and password and I got...

'You've entered the wrong username or password. Passwords are case-sensitive, so please check your CapsLock isn't on'

I've read the thread re orphaned accounts but it doesnt really provide a solution...surely if the ntl email had been orphaned i wouldnt be able to send and receive from windows/android email apps ?

It does offer me the option of changing my password, but I''ll have to reset my email apps...perhaps thats all i can do ?

thanks again..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When VM begin the process of deleting orphaned accounts webmail access is always first to go.

Whilst you still have access via email clients you would be well advised to ensure you have offline copies of all emails that you want to keep. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I tried again using the URL you gave originally - it did work ok.   I originally entered a duff password which is where the problem lay. Using correct password got me through to the ntl webmail, thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That is good news, but may only be temporary.  You should check that when signed into My Virgin Media with your primary account details that the ntlworld email address in question appears under the My Profile or Manage Accounts tabs.