Menu
leighmac1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access virgin media emails

Apologies in advance if this has already been asked and answered...

My daughter has a virgin media email address which is a secondary one to my email account.  She has an iPhone 11. 

She has been unable to access emails for a few weeks now. The error message states that the password is incorrect, so we changed it. Still not accepting it and there’s no way of accessing emails through browser - error states mailbox unavailable. 

The help on virgin doesn’t give options to fix this problem, gives a contact us option, which takes you back to the help. The circle starts again. 

No help from virgin via phone - help centres are closed due to covid!! 

Extremely frustrating to say the least!!  Any help would be much appreciated, gives my ear a rest from moaning from a teenager who can’t get her emails!! 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access virgin media emails

The mailbox unavailable message is usually an indication that the email account concerned has been locked for security reasons.

The VM Forum Team will be able to assist with this issue and will respond to this thread in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi leighmac1,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your daughters email, I am sorry this has happened but we can get it resolved 🙂

The first thing we need to do together is do a virus scan on all devices that have been used to access the email. 

Once you've done this please let me know so we can move forward 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
leighmac1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes, virus protection on my phone, my daughters phone and my pc are all ok and regularly checked. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leighmac1,

thanks for doing that for me 🙂

Okay so I'm going to send you a PM now so we can chat about specifics in a secure PM, I'll be enabling her mailbox.

Speak soon!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
leighmac1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can somebody please help me with this?  My daughters issue has been going on for weeks now and since being looked into, my emails have now stopped working.  Do you have a contact number that i can use to speak with someone to get it sorted?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick update on the thread

This has now been resolved for the OP and both E-Mail addresses of the OP and daughter can now be accessed via our web mail function and via the third party applications on the devices of both users

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

leighmac1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for your help - all sorted now 🙂