Menu
MagicMadam
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access secondary email - Mod please PM

Hello,

My husband is unable to access his virginmedia.com emails via PC which is frustrating him immensely. The inbox for his account currently works on his android phone Samsung S10, but he needs it to work on the PC to be able to send and receive documents.

We have three email accounts, the Primary is ntlworld.com, the 1st secondary is ntlworld, the 3rd secondary is virginmedia.com. This is the one with the access problem.

I changed the password for the virginmedia.com email and received a confirmation email that this had been successful but still no joy logging in.

I have tried to login on both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome but that hasn't worked either.

Please can someone from VM assist?

Many thanks

Helen

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access secondary email - Mod please PM

@MagicMadam wrote:

We have three email accounts, the Primary is ntlworld.com, the 1st secondary is ntlworld, the 3rd secondary is virginmedia.com. This is the one with the access problem.

I changed the password for the virginmedia.com email and received a confirmation email that this had been successful but still no joy logging in.

So just to clarify and to help speed up the resolution process, what error message are you now getting when you try to sign in to the virginmedia.com account?

Is it "We didn't recognise the username or password" or is it the "Email not available..........try again in an hour" error? Or perhaps something else?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MagicMadam
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Apologies for the terribly late reply. Still having this issue.

Message that shows is: "We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again."

Are you able to offer any suggestion how I can get past this? It's driving me mad. 

Many thanks,

MagicMadam

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just to be clear, how does your husband access his mail on his PC? Does he use an e-mail program like Outlook or does he use VM's web mail. In which case get try a log in on mail2.virginmedia.com with his e-mail address and new password and see what happens.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
MagicMadam
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. He uses virginmedia.com to access his email. He cannot login using mail2.virginmedia.com. This message appears "We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again"

He also tried this on an incognito web page but still no joy.

What else can he try?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Prayer?

I think we have to leave it to the VM staff here here to pick this up and take a look at the account. They should respond in the next few days but you'll need to stick with the thread and watch for their reply. You started this thread in August and then let it go into abeyance. Not again please.

0 Kudos
MagicMadam
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ha! Yes, sounds about right!

Thanks for your help. I'll wait for help from VM.

Tags (1)
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @MagicMadam

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

Sorry to hear that you have been having some issues with your Email. 

I will take a look into this for you, I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

MagicMadam
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello, is there anyone from VM available to help me today? I have replied by private DM but received no response.

Many thanks 

Helen 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for providing me with that information via PM @MagicMadam 

I have enabled the Mail boxes on our end, please can you try and log in to the email address and let me know if it works? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos