Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access ntlworld email account since Wednesday

I've been unable to access my ntlworld emails via either webmail or on any of my devices since Wednesday.   I have an active account with VM for broadband, TV and Phone so surely my ntlworld email would not be treated as an orphan account without having had prior notification?

It keeps telling me that my password is not recognised, yet I have been able to use the "Forgotten password" link, enter my security details and reset it.  I can log into my VM account and see everything I could before but just can't access my emails any longer.  

It just keeps telling me to try again in an hour.

My smtp settings are correct but it won't accept changing the imap settings from ntlworld to virginmedia (I wasn't sure if this was the issue as to why it wouldn't allow me access to my emails) and just keeps saying the password is incorrect.

I'm concerned as to what has happened to my account since Wednesday when it was working fine and I was able to access it on both Webmail and on my devices, and why it's no longer accessible.   Can someone please help?

I've had to use an old hotmail email to create an account for the forums just so that I could pass authentication to be able to post.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access ntlworld email account since Wednesday

One question. When you log into My VM can you see the NTLworld address as your main or secondary e-mail address? If you can then it is not an orphan (orphan accounts are closed without notice).

If the NTLworld account isn't in My VM it implies that it belongs to a previous incarnation of you on VM or its predecessor companies and that you now have anew account.  Is that right?

When we know the answers to that we can advise further.

But my assumptions at the moment is that it is either an orphan account or there is something wrong with the mailbox. Both of which will need VM staff intervention. It is Sunday today!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Howard

When I go through to my profile on My VM, it shows my ntlworld email address as both my Virgin Media Mail address and alternative email address.  It also shows as my username and contact email address.

Appreciate it's a Sunday and that the VM team will likely not be around today to do anything, so really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

As a side note: I've also checked to see if I'm on any blacklists.  The only thing that came up as a yes, was on dnsbl.sorbs.net and dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net - every other listing was clear.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK - we've seen this before. The Blacklists don't matter. They don't affect e-mail sending let alone log-in. In fact your IP should be on those blacklists because dynamically allocated IPs like those VM residential offer should not have mail servers running on them.

Please remember that this Community is NOT a means of accessing VM tech support direct. The first responders are usually other VM users who help uncover what is going on for the VM staff to look at.

They will need to get VM IT to look at your mailbox and see what is going on.
Wait here for them to come by. Should be reasonably soon.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Snowballinhell,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are unable to access your email account since Wednesday and also had an issues sending emails via outlook 10.

As it has been a few days since your last post how have things been since?

If you are still having the same issue I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

If all is well and you no longer need our support please ignore.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

I've just replied, thank you.

BTW the issue with Outlook 10 was not my issue, that was someone else, mine is just not being able to access my emails since last Wednesday.

0 Kudos