Menu
PercyGardener
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access ntlworld.com emails. When I try to sign in it says mail box is not available. It has b

I have been unable to access my ntlworld emails.  I have phoned the call centre 4 times and have had 4 different answers.  One was that all ntlworld emails are down but my husband can access his.  Does anyone know what is going on?

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access ntlworld.com emails. When I try to sign in it says mail box is not available. It h

@PercyGardener wrote:

Does anyone know what is going on?

I can access my Ntlworld email address with no problem so there would not appear to be any widespread issue.

Unfortunately, you have not given enough information to be able to give you any advice. The answers to these questions would be useful to help Forum members offer appropriate advice. 😉

1) Are you accessing your email account using VM Webmail via this link? https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

2) Or are you using an email app on your phone or some other device? If so what device and app are you using?

3) Exactly what is the full error message that you are seeing?

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
PercyGardener
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access ntlworld.com emails. When I try to sign in it says mail box is not available. It h

Hi

Thanks for the reply.  Here are the answers to your questions, I hope they make sense. 

1. We usually access the emails through https://store.virginmedia.com/.

I have tried accessing through the link you provided - http://mail2.virginmedia.com/ but again it comes up with the same unavailable message

2. No I am not using an email app on my phone.

3. I can access my virgin media account, but cannot access the emails from there. The message I get is:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Any help would be great

thanks

Percy

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That message means your mailbox has been locked for some reason 

It will need to be re-enabled by a member of staff.  During the current difficulties it could be sometime before the Forum Team reach this thread.  When the do they will contact you via Private Message to go through necessary details.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Deleted

0 Kudos
PercyGardener
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that.  I thought that was the case. I will try and speak to someone when the call centres have reopened.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@PercyGardener wrote:

Thank you for that.  I thought that was the case. I will try and speak to someone when the call centres have reopened.

For this particular issue I would recommend waiting for the Forum Team to help you.  Getting the call centres to understand and successfully deal with this is likely to end in tears.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
PercyGardener
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email not working

Hello

I have been having the same problem since 25 March.  Whenever I try to access my emails it says 'mailbox unavailable'.  I have spoken to lots of people at the call centres, each one keeps changing the email.  The last person I spoke to said my email address didn't exist, even though I have been using it for the last 20 years.  I have been given a ticket number, which I think means someone will contact me to hopefully solve the problem.

0 Kudos
PercyGardener
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

'Mailbox unavailable'

I have been unable to access my ntlworld account since 25 march.  I have spoken to a number of people at the call centres who keep telling me to change my password, which I have done so many times i can't remember which one it is now. Before Easter someone said a ticket would be raised and that I would be contacted in 7 days.  I am still waiting.  this morning I spoke to another person at the call centre who told me that the email address I have been using for the last 20 years has never existed.  Where all me emails are I don't know.  I realise things aren't working as normal, but I'm getting frustrated now and want to be able to log into my account.  Can someone help me please

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email not working

Thanks for getting in touch with us PercyGardener.

I have been able to find your account and changed one of the settings on your account. Please can you try to log into your email account again and let me know if that works.

Regards

Steven_L