Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access my account!!! Can anyone help?

I am so frustrated with Virgin Media at the moment as no one seems to be able to help despite numerous phone calls over the past 6 weeks.  I am promised calls back and nothing happens!!

The issue started over 6 weeks ago when I asked for some older 'Blueyonder' email accounts to be transferred to the new account that was set up at the end of last year. I was told that this was an easy fix and I gave the advisor the old 'blueyonder' email addresses which he said he would transfer over.  This would take around 5 days and he would email detailed instructions on to me to add the addresses to outlook.  All appeared ok but I had no email to start with.  

I tried to login to my account via the VM website using the username and password I set up last year and it said it didn't recognise my username?  I am now locked out of my account and unable to access Virgin Go.  I called the helpline and after another hour wait spoke to an advisor who said he would get a ticket raised to sort out the issue and call me back to confirm this had been done......no phone call received!

I left the issue a couple of days and phone again(another hour wait) and no ticket had been raised.  I spoke to a lady who was helpful and did return my call.  She tried her best to help but had to raise a ticket and I was advised that I would get a phone call in around 5-7 days.....that was 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received a call.

I am currently waiting again on the phone and I'm currently at 52 minutes.  I understand that there are issues with staffing at the moment but my issues aren't being addressed and I'm extremely disappointed with VM.  I have been a customer for 20 years and the service and lack of understanding has never been this poor.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access my account!!! Can anyone help?

This sounds like a bit of a sorry tale. I think there is an issue at the core of this that needs looking at. We will have to leave that to the V|M staff when they pick this thread in the next couple of days. The Forum is not a place to come for quick solutions to problems like this which require access to VM systems.. 

You've asked VM to do a "move and transfer" from an old account to a new one. The whole process is fraught with difficulty. There is no guarantee that it will work, though it most often does. The thing that strikes me is that you seemingly asked VM to transfer some addresses from your old account to your new one. If that is literally true the process will fail and fail badly. The process only works if all the addresses are moved because that is how the VM systems are constructed.

Now if what you say is just  your way of expressing that you did ask for a complete transfer then OK and what we have a system issue which can be sorted out (fingers crossed). Otherwise the failure is probably irretrievable. A partial transfer won't work.

That is all we can advise via the Forum. A few more days patience is required.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Adding to what Howard ML has written, if the move and transfer has been successful it should have changed your primary username to that which applied to the old account.

Have you tried using that email address and password to access the current account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response.

Looking back on my initial post, I should have said that there were 5 email addresses under the old account and I did ask VM to transfer all of them to the new account.  In your experience is this something that VM can do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes - it is perfectly possible and I said so in my reply; with the caveat that it can go wrong.. Have you tried Graham_A's suggestion to see if the transfer has worked?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham.

I have tried all of the previous 5 email addresses and password but with no luck.  I've also tried the virgin media email address that was sent up with the new account last year again without success.

The thing I find odd is that when I ask for the username, it recognises the original username but then says that I don't have a valid virgin email account.

Do VM monitor these threads and if so do they respond?  I've got so frustrated with trying to phone 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the VM Forum Team do monitor all posts here.  They respond when other community members haven't been able to resolve the issue.

As HowardML has said you case will need their intervention.  They should respond in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for you help 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Red7devil.

I'll pop you over a private message so we can check on this.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos