Menu
Dmacweld
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access my NTLWorld emails

Been trying for days now to access my primary email account which is an NTLWorld.com account. I'v had this account from when Adam was a boy.

The virginmedia help system / faqs is in a word "useless" gives not help whatsoever.

Why even after changing my pw to a more secure one can I not access my emails. Message appears unable to access mail at this time. Try again in an hour time. I am fed up with this. I have had to create a secondary email account @virginmedia.com. I have no contacts to add because they are all in the NTLWorld account.

Can someone at Virgin respond and sort out this mess please.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
GlennShrek
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access my NTLWorld emails

You are not alone, I'm having the same issues with my @ntlworld.com emails. And the total lack of response from Virgin

0 Kudos
Dmacweld
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's absolutely ridiculous. The support team have gone missing in action. 

My Primary email account which has all my contacts and correspondence between myself and virgin are inaccessible. The help on here sends you around in circles and the "message us" system is slower than Royalmail.

It's a joke! If any Virgin Media staff are reading this then pull your fingers out and sort out the NTLWorld customers accounts that are displaying message:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices"

As soon as my contract is up, I'm off to another provider. One that takes its customer service seriously.

Until then, I can make my complaint known to Ofcom and the Ombudsman where it will cost the company financially one way or the other.

0 Kudos
notarobot
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

To be fair ,  the VM guys on this forum seem pretty good and infinitely better and more responsive than the support you (try to) get on the phone.

If/When you get access to your email again...log on via web mail and make sure there are no redirects set up for things like Amazon + change your password to something as secure as you can make it.

A number of us have had locked accounts and found out Amazon mails were redirected to scummy Criminals who hijacked the Amazon account by changing the password etc without our knowledge , cos relevant emails were being redirected, and then proceeded to spent our money !

Not nice...and Amazon were/are completely useless in dealing with this.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have escalated this to a VM forum staff member.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dmacweld,

Welcome to forums and thank you for your first post.

I am sorry you are having issues with this, I will pop you over a PM and I can look into this for you please keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am glad I could help you with this Dmacweld 🙂
Please pop back if you have any other questions or queries

Thanks,