Menu
HarrogateChris1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access my NTL Email Address from My Virgin Media

For the last 48 hours, when I have tried to access my main Email account via Virgin, as I have been doing for the past 20 years, I have only been able to get through to a page with the following message -

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary

A call to the telephone number only gives me the automated service which tells me there is an issue with Broadband at my Postcode, apologies etc. However Broadband isn't the issue here, I can access and use all Internet Sites I regulary use  at Home and elsewhere , even the Virgin sites. The only thing I can't get access to is my Email .....whatever route I try - & I've tried several ....I always come back to the page above and can't get any further.

Could you please help ..... I have some important personal issues which really need dealing with and not being able to access My Email makes this impossible.

Thank You

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to access my NTL Email Address from My Virgin Media

The usual reason for seeing that message is when the the email account gets locked by the VM security team.

The VM Forum Team should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread in a day or so.

Whilst waiting please try to change the password for the account as the VM staff will require you to do this before they can unlock the account.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

For future reference when using the telephone customer service route select the broadband faults option for email issues as the two are linked together.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HarrogateChris1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham .....yes I did go to Broadband / Email .......in fact back there now, hanging on the telephone as we speak. I'll change the password as you say .....never had an issue with the Email before .....but it really is most annoying .....makes you realise how much of our lives are tied up by Email these days. Fortunately, I do have other accounts, with some of my other hats on, but this is my main one, which I live most of my life through ......

Thanks again for the help & being there ....... 

0 Kudos
HarrogateChris1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Graham, or others out there .....

Wonder if you could point me in the right direction again. Just come off the phone to a rather unhelpful member of Virgin's Technical Staff (claimed his name was Simon, but I'm assuming this is a nom de plume). He was saying the issue was something to do with our local Broadband and that Engineers were working on it and the given date for fixing it is November 30th (this is actually the recorded message information, as well, when you ring initially, before you get into any specifics about it being an Email issue) ........that will mean I'm without an Email service for more than a week, if that is the case. But how can it be Broadband, if I can't access it from anywhere ....my work is miles away and uses a completely different IT system, but I can't access it from there either ....get everything else, as here.

I think it is much more likely a Security issue, as you have said. However, Simon point blank refused to let me speak to anyone in Security or any other of his colleagues......he claimed to have no line manager to put me through to either (this was having been in a Queue for over an hour and listening to the awful pop music being pumped down the line). How does one complain, if you think your not being listened to ???

I'd be grateful for advice .....

Thanks once more.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@HarrogateChris1 If there is an area fault registered then I think the call centre staff are hamstrung with raising individual issues.

I have already flagged this thread to the VM Forum Team and they will respond either later this evening or tomorrow.  They will be able to check if your issue is connected to the area outage or specific to your account.

I'm afraid you will just have to be patient and wait for a reply from the team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Good monring @HarrogateChris1 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I would be more than happy to look further into this for you, In order for me to do so I am going to need to drop you a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
HarrogateChris1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Once more for pointing me in the right direction Graham ....you continue to be very helpful.

Zac ....I can't see any sign of any personal message .....but then again, if you've sent it to my Virgin / NTL address I wouldn't be able to.

My Apologies to you both for not getting back to you sooner on this .....at the moment I am working Nightshifts (9pm to 9am) so have been asleep today up until now. I do hope this can be resolved ASAP because I am conscious, curtesy of some of the Emails my wife is receiving on her non Virgin account that I am missing out on a lot of important communications, many of them Covid related.

Thank You again

0 Kudos
HarrogateChris1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

PS .....just tried getting into my account again .....the message on the message page has now changed to simply "Forbidden"

!!!

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

To read your personal message, sign in to this Forum and look for the purple envelope with a 1 next to it at the top RHS of the page. Nothing to do with email.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

HarrogateChris1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this Howard

I've done as you suggest, and looks like I have 3 Personal Messages. However I can only read the first, which looks like a Generic "Welcome to the Community Message" . There appears to be something Zac put on this morning on the left hand column, but no amount of clicking on it will open it up.

I'm also back on the telephone and the recorded message system is telling me I have an "Engineer Booked to sort out the problem" and to hit a button to reschedule the appointment. This is news to me & as I'm on Nights sat the moment an Engineer getting access to the property is going to be difficult anyway.

I'm remaining on the phone trying to actually talk to a real person who may be able to cast any light on these issues.

As you can imagine I am getting incredibly depressed by this......the awful Musak on the Phone system is not helping either .....

But thanks for your help anyway Howard & Graham ......at least you are giving me hope that their is someone out there listening......even if it's not a Virgin employee, who may be able to sort out my issue !

Chris

0 Kudos