cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access emails

alienor
Dialled in

Trying for hours now to log on to Virgin Media and getting ' This site can’t be reached' . Really sick of this. I need me emails. I don't use my phone for this nor do I want to, just the PC. Why is Virgin incapable of making this available? This area seems to be the only part of the site I can load.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media are suffering from an intermittent outage affecting broadband and access to any Virginmedia.com site.  This has been ongoing since the early hours.  If you can gain access follow the sticky post in the networking and WiFi forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Lewlew
Up to speed

Same for me... no matter what device I use. Thought it was me. Thanks for posting.

I am in BS8 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media are suffering from an intermittent outage affecting broadband and access to any Virginmedia.com site.  This has been ongoing since the early hours.  If you can gain access follow the sticky post in the networking and WiFi forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Well I thought your reply might help but it directed me to stuff I cannot understand. I am not an IT engineer. Why can I not access the Virgin Media site for my emails?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@alienor  If you can access this community then the outage isn't affecting you.

What happens if you try to access your emails via this link: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I have managed now to get into my email but to do so I had to try every link into Virgin and then stumbled upon it. The link you gave here was one I had saved from a previous problem but it didn't work when I tried it earlier. i just hope this doesn't happen again tomorrow.

I have lost all access to my @ntlworld.com emails! Is it me or a VM outage? Emails are very important to me, why is this happening and when will it be fix please help!!!

Regards, Steve

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@swifty-one

The system outage is over.

If you are using an email app, can you access webmail using a browser?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

swifty-one
On our wavelength

every time i login to my emails since 10:30 last night wed i get this page saying: and yes i can't change my password either coz VM sends you an email but I can't access emails (go figure🤔 )

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Or you may not have an active mail account with us.

If you have an existing Virgin Media mailbox please try changing your password in the first instance as this may unlock the account following a security precaution taken by our email team.

swifty-one
On our wavelength

not using an app...I get my mail from my email account with VM?