cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access emails via VM app

Niknaklady
Tuning in

Ever since we had the problems with emails, I have been unable to access my blueyonder emails via the app. Access to VM emails are fine.

Does anyone have any ideas for a technophobe?

8 REPLIES 8

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Niknaklady, thank you for your post 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

What's happening exactly when you try to access the e-mails via the app? Are you getting any error codes or messages?

Regards,
Daniel

Yes, I get a message saying 'there was a problem signing into your account. Enter your password again, if you've changed your password make sure you enter the new password. 

It's only a problem with blueyonder, virginmedia emails (my wife's a/c) are fine .

Thanks for confirming this @Niknaklady 

Is your blueyonder email a secondary email to the account? 

Have you tried changing the password for your blueyonder email account to see if this allows you access through the app? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

The blueyonder account is the primary account on the app. The virginmedia.com account was added for my wife. I have changed my password, done everything it's asked but still keep getting the same message.

I can access via virginmedia but it's just not as convenient as the app.

Ok, so you can access the blueyonder emails on the web, just not via the My Virgin Media app?

Do you have the same error on multiple devices? Can you try clearing your cache and cookies from the app on the device and try again please? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I've done that Carley.

I'm wondering whether to uninstall the app but I cant find the same app on Play store to reinstall! 

Do I have to find a completely new app the install?

Yes, please try uninstalling and reinstall the app to see if this works for you @Niknaklady 

We've checked the play store at our side and the app is definitely on there for download when you type Virgin Media. 

They'll be a few apps, such as the Connect app but it should be an option to select on the store. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Problem is now solved Daniel, thank you for your assistance.