Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access email like others.

Hi

Apologies for being yet another person with same issues of not being able to access email. 

I have had a virgin.net account for well over 15 years. I was never a customer of virgin and to be honest can’t remember how or why I signed up. I appreciate that as as a result Virgin aren’t really interested in my problems. I did call the phone number suggested but they just said call TalkTalk - after previous experience with them, I’d rather chop my head off!

I have tested the account with mail tester and it’s still active. Is this classed as an Orphan Account? Am I ever likely to get it back? Like others who have already posted, it couldn’t have come at a more difficult time. I have several voluntary jobs and all of them are dependent on my having email.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access email like others.

You could try the text number in this link:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Trouble-accessing-email/m-p/4175182#M188070

However, as you do not hold a VM broadband account they may not be able to help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

as you are not a VM customer all the staff can do is make sure the account is fully deleted.
You won't be able to keep the address

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can I at least have some way of retrieving the addresses? Or emails? Or transferring them?
It just seems very odd that this has happened to so many people and we seem completely stuffed! Had I had some warning, then I would have taken appropriate action but to just suddenly do this, I feel violates my rights regardless of what the T&C say!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

nothing that can be done. The account should of been deleted long ago. you have had free email for all that time. Time has caught up.
Best to never use ISP email and register with something independent

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos