Menu
sjfheaton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access email account on devices or webmail

Hi there,

Sometime around noon today (19th August) I ceased to be able to access my email account from any of my devices or via the My Virginmedia web mail interface. It seems the error is as shown below. Is there some service outage at the moment? I have not changed my password so what is going on? How can I regain access to my email account?

Help please!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to access email account on devices or webmail

@sjfheaton No there isn't a general service outage but your mailbox may have been locked for security reasons.  Changing the password for the account usually resolves this issue.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your account after waiting 30 minutes post back and the VM Forum Team should be able to help you further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sjfheaton
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access email account on devices or webmail

Hi Graham,

Thanks very much that appears to have done the trick. I guess the problem is related to the recent SMTP upgrade they have performed a while ago.

Best wishes!

Simon

0 Kudos