Menu
big_del
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access email account - Webmail 403 / Mailbox Unavailable errors

I'm unable to access my email account and can find nobody to talk to or any relevant help on the help pages.

Mails were entering/leaving my account perfectly well until Saturday evening, but since then I get nothing, my mobile client just says 'imap.virginmedia.com is not responding'

I have tried to log in via webmail, and have tried rest=etting my password, all to no avail.

I just get this error message :

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

I've tried the phone number and all the options relate to mobile, or broadband customers, of which I am neither. Can anyone assist?

0 Kudos
big_del
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access email account - Webmail 403 / Mailbox Unavailable errors

I have just seen the post about this general error. if someone could PM me to assist I'd be grateful

0 Kudos
big_del
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone able to help? please PM me

0 Kudos
big_del
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

mailbox unavailable since Saturday 20th June

My virgin.net mail account has been inaccessible since saturday

When I try logging in, I get 'Your mailbox is unavailable at present, please try again in an hour'

I have tried and rest my  password on multiple occasion, but still cannot access

Can someone unlock my mail account please

0 Kudos
Johno71
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: mailbox unavailable since Saturday 20th June

I had this message and Virgin have fixed it for me. This apparently happened because there was a hack on the emails and a forwarding email address had been added, so a third party was able to access my emails.  Luckily I lead a boring life and there was nothing juicy to read.  Somebody from Virgin did reply to me and got this working in a short space of time.  He just needed my account details, address etc.  I hadn't been a virgin customer for 20 years but had kept the same virgin.net email address.  I'm sure somebody from Virgin will get to you and assist.

0 Kudos
big_del
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: mailbox unavailable since Saturday 20th June

account has been unlocked now and I have full access again

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Big_Del!

Thank you for using the forums to get this issue with your emails sorted. I am sorry if its been frustrating you for some time. 

Can I ask what is occurring when you try to log in to your email? 

Are there any error codes/messages?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
big_del
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

All seems to be ok now. I think the account was locked as my email had been hacked (as had the previous post respondent's). The account is now unlocked.

I did have some issues for a short time afterwards with logging into webmail, but that appears to have been resolved now too.

So, in summary, I'm all good now

0 Kudos