Menu
Katejo_804
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access any of my virgin.net email accounts

For the past 24hrs I've had NO emails come through and unable to access via the webmail - says sorry mail box not available!!

I've had my emails for 20+ years with virgin.net and reply on them for work! I can't do anything until this is resolved!!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access any of my virgin.net email accounts

Hello

Are you still a VM Broadband account holder ? If you are not your email address are classed as orphaned and normally these would have been removed 90 days after account closure see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021 and all the VM forum staff members will be able to do is delete the accounts.

If you are still an broadband account holder are these accounts attached to your VM broadband account as secondary emails ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a current and active Virgin Media broadband account?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Katejo_804
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm not a virgin media account holder no, but have had my virgin emails for 20+ years and all my business information is attached to them, everything!!!.... I've had no notification to say they would be deleted, this is horrendous from Virgin!!

How do I escalate and get my accounts back in order for me to atleast set up a new email elsewhere and let people in my virgin inbox know?!!!

This is so stressful at a time when I don't need any more stress!!....

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You may be able to access your account by using an email client, but you'll have to be quick.

Try setting up an email client and download your emails to be held locally. 

Run your email address through https://mailtester.com/ and if it comes up green with "E-mail address is valid" you may have a chance.

Be aware that even if mailtester gives the result above it just means the email address is still active, however you may find your access to it has been revoked.

As you are not a VM customer it's unlikely that you will regain access to your account using webmail and VM will not provide assistance for the same reason.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Certainly understand, there was no notification as with all VM email addresses the T&C do quite clear state what happens when the account closes.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services

Section D6 is quite clear "Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person.  If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you.  Please see our acceptable use policy for more detail on email address usage and our Help and Support page (by clicking here) on what happens to your email when you leave us."

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katejo_804
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes its green when I run through the mail tester! 🙂

Now what can I do?... tried for 3 days now to speak to someone and I'm still on hold 😞

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Katejo_804 wrote:

Yes its green when I run through the mail tester! 🙂

Now what can I do?... tried for 3 days now to speak to someone and I'm still on hold 😞

As previously noted, set up an email client of your choice to see if you can (temporarily) regain access to your account.

Settings are as below:-

POP Access (Incoming)

• Server Name: pop3.virginmedia.com
  • User Name: Your full email address e.g. Richard.Branson@ntlworld.com
  • Connection Security: SSL/TLS
  • Authentication: Normal password
  • Port: 995

Or

IMAP Access (Incoming)

• Server Name: imap.virginmedia.com
  • Connection Security: SSL/TLS
  • Authentication method: Normal password
  • Port: 993

Outgoing Server (SMTP)

• Server Name: smtp.virginmedia.com
  • Connection security: SSL/TLS
  • Authentication method: Normal password
  • Port: 465

Be aware that this may not work.

If it doesn't then I'm afraid VM will not help as you are not a current broadband customer.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

0 Kudos