cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access a blueyonder.co.uk email account

LeeJackson
Joining in

Hi there,

I have been using my blueyonder.co.uk email account constantly since I was 15 years old (I am 42 now). This last Tuesday 17/10/23 both my phone and windows mail advised me that my credentials are incorrect.

I have not been able to find how to reset this password.

This email was originally a sub account on my Father's account and a number of years ago I requested that it be transferred to my account as I needed control of it as my father was leaving virgin media. I was advised that the account would be transferred and kept active, but I have never seen it on my account.

Can I please ask that a Virgin Media representative contact me to go through the details of resetting the password please?

My Thanks,

Lee.

4 REPLIES 4

TableTop
Up to speed

I’m afraid you were simply lied to, transferring a mailbox is just not that simple, and the fact that you have never seen it associated with your account, would indicate that this never actually happened.

Although I’m sure that in a day or so a member of the forum team will be in touch with you to get further details and offer to help, the fact that your father’s VM account has been cancelled, absolutely would have terminated, or at least flag for termination, any email mailboxes associated with it. This all should happen after 90 days or so of leaving, but sometimes, they linger on for ages before finally getting swept up in a cleanup and getting deleted.

I’m sorry to say that you do have to face the very real probability that the mailbox and email address has now been deleted along with all the email within it.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello LeeJackson.

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to read you have lost access to your sub account.

As explained already it may well be gone now with no access due to it being a former account.

If we looked at the possibility of getting your old email transferred across to your current account, It would mean passing security on both accounts with the account holder and your Father.

That would not guarantee the email being able to come over now though.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the reply, Passing security with both me and my father will be no problem.

And I'm not bothered about the contents of the account, just access to it as I have all of the emails saved.

What is the best way to continue?

My thanks

Lee

Thanks for coming back to us @LeeJackson.

We would need your Father to also join our Community Forums and comment on this thread.

Once this has been done, we would then be able to take you into private messaging and running data protection with you both individually.

Once passed on both accounts and confirming permission to attempt the transfer, we'll then seek to see if this is possible.

Thanks,

David_Bn