cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Virgin.net email

Cel469
Tuning in

Hi

I am no longer able to access my virgin.net email account.

This stopped working a few days ago and I believe the account may have been compromised.

As this is my main email account I would like to region access.

Is it possible for the password to be reset on my behalf?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cel469 wrote:

Hi

This stopped working a few days ago and I believe the account may have been compromised.

@Cel469  Have you tried changing the password via the My Virgin Media account for the address concerned?  If you cannot access that try the forgotten password link on the sign in page. You will need your security answers and possibly your VM broadband account details if the security answers are not recognised.

If you have tried all these routes the VM Forum Team may be able to help when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cel469 wrote:

Hi

@Cel469  Have you tried changing the password via the My Virgin Media account for the address concerned?  If you cannot access that try the forgotten password link on the sign in page. You will need your security answers and possibly your VM broadband account details if the security answers are not recognised.

If you have tried all these routes the VM Forum Team may be able to help when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Cel469
Tuning in

Thanks for your reaponse Graham.

The issue I have us that whilst I am still a VM customer.  The email linked to  my VM account is different.

There was a break in service and a new email address used.

So I am unable to reset the password by logging onto the platform.

Whilst the virgin.net email us an old one it is primary email so slightly worrying if it has been compromised. 

Best regards  Charles

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspected that might be the case.  As an orphaned account the virgin.net email address is liable to be deleted by Virgin Media at any time.  Your lack of access may indicate that this process has begun.

The Virgin Media staff will be able to check for you but there may not be anything they can do to recover the account.

It is more likely that the email has been deleted now rather than being compromised. When you rejoined VM, that would have setup a new contract, if the virgin.net email address was never associated with the new contract (a so-called move and transfer process), then it would have become 'orphaned' and as such liable to be deleted at any time afterwards. Indeed technically it should have been deleted some 90 days after you first left VM.

Probably tomorrow now a member of the forum team will get to this thread and offer to contact you by PM to take some details and see what can be done. There is a chance though that the mailbox and all the email has now been deleted beyond the point of being recovered.

Thanks Graham.

I had come to a similar conclusion but would like to seek confirmation from one of the Admins to ensure that account has nit been compromised. 

Thanks again for you help.

Hi Cel469,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Email sorted, I can see Graham_A & Jem101 have already given you some good advice and info about the situation. It could well be a possibility that the Email has now been deleted rather than compromised, but I will be happy to take a look for you in order to give you a concrete answer. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can go into a bit more detail about your Email and account. 

Speak soon!

Megan_L

Hi Cel469, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I am sorry that we couldn't get your email back due to being an orphaned email. 

I have now updated your email details to your new one so you don't miss out on any important emails. 

If there is anything else you need from us, please let us know!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cel469,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂

I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with your email address, I can take a look and get this confined for you. I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there.

Zoie