Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access Sons @virginmedia.com account

Hi my son doesn't appear to be able to log in to hos email, the mail test site shows its active and he has changed the password.  It's not been used for a while but has returned to Steam and his account is linked to this email address.  Anyone help please .......TIA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to access Sons @virginmedia.com account

@fpepper wrote:

Hi my son doesn't appear to be able to log in to hos email, the mail test site shows its active and he has changed the password.  It's not been used for a while but has returned to Steam and his account is linked to this email address.

Unfortunately you have not given us a lot of information to work with, 😐

1) When your son tries to log on Is the error that he is seeing "Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour........................"?

2) You also mention in passing that your son has not used the email account for a while. Do you still have a VM broadband account and is your son's email account linked to that broadband account?

If the answer to both those questions is a resounding YES then the Forum Team (VM employees) can arrange to get the account unlocked for you.

They will contact you via this forum and arrange to get the necessary details from you by private message. Please do not post the address here.

If the answer to either question is no, then it may not be so straight forward but the Forum Team are still best placed to help you.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi........The message we receive is "We didn't recognise the username or password. Please try again" and yes we still have a valid VM Broadband account and i believe his account to be linked as it shows in the accounts I manage when i log into my VM account.  Appriciate further help from the team. Thank you.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @fpepper

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that your son is having some issues accessing his email. 

Can you advise how he is accessing? Is this via webmail or via an email client? Where is he getting the error message you advise? 

I see you mention he has changed the password already so was a bit confused at the error message and where you are seeing that. If you can let us know we can go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

This is what we are getting when trying to log in via the Virgin Web Page......dont have the details to use via an email client as it won't automatically set up an account on his iphone......

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, but your screen shot contains personal details so cannot be approved for public display.

The VM staff will still be able to see it so will respond in due course.

Edit: The message is the standard we do not recognise this email address or password.  Suggesting an issue with the account.

According to the mailtester.com site the email address concerned is still valid.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi fpepper,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry your son is having some issues accessing his mail account

I need a few more details from you so I've sent you a private message. (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

ALex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well that wasn't a helpful private message!!!!! (See below for all the message said)

Congratulations! You have a new rank in the Virgin Media Help & Support Community.
Hello again, fpepper!

You''re shooting through the ranks faster than a packet at 152Mb. Bravo!

We''d like to thank you for your continued contribution with a brand new rank.

Your new rank is On our wavelength.

Congrats! We hope you''ll stick around. It''s really nice having you here to keep us company in the community.

Thanks!

The Virgin Media Community Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That wasn't a private message, it was a forum notification, which, by the way, can be turned off in your profile settings page.

Private messages appear via the purple envelope icon not the bell icon.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That is what was in the purple envelope.......🤔

0 Kudos