cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Ntlworld webmail ‘incorrect password’

persephonemm
Joining in

This started on Sunday evening when I found I was unable to send or receive messages on my iPhone. I’ve changed my password twice now and can no longer login to webmail or send/receive messages on my phone.

I’ve been receiving the following error message :

« Your email or password was incorrect. Please try again or go back to change your email. »

2 REPLIES 2

persephonemm
Joining in

I would add, as I can’t edit my original post, that this email address is still connected to a virgin media broadband account, and always has been.  I’ve been a customer for over 20 years.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@persephonemm wrote:

I would add, as I can’t edit my original post, that this email address is still connected to a virgin media broadband account,

Thanks for confirming that.

When you say you have changed the password twice was that via this route:

Sign in to the "My Virgin Media" account for that email address from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  using this ntlworld email address and existing password. (It does not matter whether this Ntlworld address is your primary VM address or a secondary email account.)

Once you have signed in click on the "Account settings" tab and then the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.

Leave it 20-30 minutes before trying to access the email account again.

If that does not work, then one of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) should be able to help you. One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks