Menu
scotstoun30
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access NTL email account. Message shows email unavailable at moment. Over two weeks now

Cannot access my NTL emails on Virgin Media account.  Passwords & username correct.  Virgin informed me they are aware of problem their end.  Over two weeks now with no access!  

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access NTL email account. Message shows email unavailable at moment. Over two weeks now

@scotstoun30 wrote:

Cannot access my NTL emails on Virgin Media account.

Are you trying to access the account via an email app on your phone or are you trying to sign directly in to your Virgin Media Webmail account via a browser?

Either way,  exactly what error message do you get when you try to access your account?

If you are trying to sign in to your Webmail account and you are seeing  "Your mailbox is not available at the moment please try again in one hour" that usually means that your email account has been locked for security reasons. In that case the  Forum Team (VM employees) will be able to unlock the account for you. Be patient and they will contact you via this forum and get things sorted.

If you are seeing a different error we need more information.😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
scotstoun30
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access NTL email account. Message shows email unavailable at moment. Over two weeks now

This is the message I receive when I try to log in from Virgin Media.  I do not have any other problems with other email accounts I use.

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@scotstoun30 wrote:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Thanks for confirming that.

In that case one of the Forum team should be able to sort that for you but it may take a day or so before they catch up with you

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
scotstoun30
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  Will they contact me or just sort it out?

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access NTL email account. Message shows email unavailable at moment. Over two weeks...

Hello Scotstoun30,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue sorted, I am sorry you're having this issue with your email. 

This seems to be an issue for other members here as well, so I'll need to create an IT for you so the team can have a look and collate the information. I'll send you a message now so we can chat about specifics 🙂

Speak soon!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access NTL email account. Message shows email unavailable at moment. Over two weeks...

Hi Scotstoun30,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, with your help I've now created an IT ticket for you, It usually takes 3 - 5 working days for the team to resolve this, however due to the pandemic and backlogs they might take a little longer. 

If you want an update on this please just come back here or quote the reference to an agent on the phone/text chat 🙂

Hope this helps for now. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

scotstoun30
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Contacted out of the blue today by VM on 0345 454 1111 asking for details of passwords as part of "security" Due to Memory problems I was unable to give details, but, I was suspicious. You mention in previous PM a ticket number for the problem that I could quote if asked or asking about problem..... I do not have this ticket number. Can you reassure me that my account has not been compromised and can you give me any updates? Very confused and now worried!

David
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update David.

The IT ticket in question is still assigned to the team and will be looked into for you soon.

If contacted on the number above this would be our team, if you're the account holder on the account we can go through secondary security questions. If you're ever worried you're not being contacted by the team just hang up and give us a call on the numbers to our customer services on 150/0345 454 1111. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
scotstoun30
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

thanks
0 Kudos