cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Email account

voyagerxp
Joining in

After a windows crash and after reinstalling windows i tried to access my email account but all i get is We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again. I've tried to reset my password but when i put my date of birth and my security question in it says its wrong. Not sure why this is happening as i've never had this problem before. Any help would be great.

11 REPLIES 11

Mr_Crabbit
Dialled in

Join the club! I've been locked out of my virgin.net primary email account for over a fortnight now. I cannot change my password if I want to using the "forgot my password" web page. After entering my DOB and the answer to my security question, the page goes nowhere fast. I found this to be the case with a primary ntlworld.com email address earlier today also. Asking to get this rectified seems to be falling on deaf ears. Good luck, I reckon you'll need it!

I can access my primary email via my mobile phone email app but i can't view the password to see if its correct. never had a problem with it before now. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@voyagerxp wrote:

I can access my primary email via my mobile phone email app but i can't view the password to see if its correct. never had a problem with it before now. 

@voyagerxp  What error message, if any, do you get when signing into account via the VM Mail webmail page?  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Is the email account concerned part of your current VM broadband account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I get We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again and yes it is a email account that's part of your current VM broadband account.

Is my @ntlworld.com email account 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@voyagerxp wrote:

I get We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again and yes it is a email account that's part of your current VM broadband account.

Is my @ntlworld.com email account 

Thanks for the update. The responses that you are getting suggest that the email account isn't attached to your current broadband account.  Have you had a break in contact with VM or moved house since setting up the email address?

I will ask the VM Forum Team to take a look but they will want to know the answers to questions that I have just posted.q

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

No i have not  had a break in my contract or moved home.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@voyagerxp wrote:

No i have not  had a break in my contract or moved home.

Unfortunately it is no longer possible to check if the email account is linked to your VM account with the new My Virgin Media account pages.  The VM Forum Team should reply to this thread tomorrow and provide further advice.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, voyagerxp, 

Thank you for your post and I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your email.

I can take a look into this for you to see what is going on 🙂

I will pop you over a PM and we can for from there, keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Voyagerxp,

Thank you for messaging with me, so glad the password change on our end has worked.

If you need anything else please pop back and we will be here to help.

Zoie