Menu
dpooke
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access Blueyonder email

I have been unable to access my Blueyonder email account since mid March.  I have made several calls to try and sort this, waiting literally hours online to get an answer, but just end up with an automated text service that send me around in circles and resolves nothing.

This has been over 3 months, I need to access my email.  Please resolve this issue.  It is pretty clear this is a common and regular problem, going by the amount of calls raised on here.

Please, it has been 3 months since I had could access my Blueyonder account.  I need this for work, banking, bills etc.  Please resolve this.

David

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access Blueyonder email

Never post your e-mail address on a public forum where it can be harvested by bots or human scammers. Edit it out now. I have asked the Mods to do it, but by the time they do it will already be too late. Spam galore on its way to you - when we get your account fixed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dpooke
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Give I first reported this issue on 30th march and it has still not been resolved, I will not hold my breath
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Get this. The first response on a community Forum is usually from other VM users like me who like to come here and help. I have just saved you from an avalanche of spam and yet you still bite back. Do I help or don't I?

So we can understand what is going on. What do you see, error message, when you sign into e-mail. Do you use an e-mail program or go direct to VM mail's web page. Is your e-mail address linked to your account in My Virginmedia. Have you tried to change the password.

Remember we can't see what you see and we don't know anything about any reports you have made to VM's customer service. But we can usually succeed and get this type of issue sorted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
dpooke
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When I log into Virgin and try to view my emails, I get the following error message 

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

This is the same message I have been getting since 17th March.  The last email I recall getting was 14th march.  I have phoned the number several times, have sat on hold for hours, only to be told a technician will be in touch.  The only contact thereafter was an automated text message tht takes me around in circles and resolves nothing.  

I first logged a call on here on 30th March, after an initial response that took me back to the same text message scenario and again in a pointless and frustrating loop, there has been nothing.

4 months without email, the same misleading message on site.

Tags (1)
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We can get this sorted for you. There are hundreds of these.  You only have to read the e-mail board to see what is going on and there is a sticky post from the VM team to explain what to do.

VM phone agents should know about the error but seemingly do not despite the fact that they should have been briefed on what to do.@ModTeam - given the time this customer has spent getting this sorted.

It might have been nice if you had answered all my questions - like are you a VM broadband customer and is your e-mail address showing in My Virginmedia. But you didn't. I will assume a positive answer for both, or I am completely wasting my time. because if you aren't a customer you have said goodbye to a service you shouldn't be using.

Your mailbox has been locked because VM security have spotted that your account has been sending spam because your credentials have been disclosed to a spammer.  You would never see the spam being sent. You need to do two things:

1. Change your password for this account in My Virginmedia and change it now. Or the next action will fail miserably. And it doesn't matter if you have already done this. Do it again.

2. Wait here for the VM Forum Team to pick up this thread which they do pretty quickly to unlock your mailbox.

I have checked your Forum profile. There is nothing to show you have posted here on this issue before. Unless of course you have have opened a duplicate account. Which really is beyond the pale if you have. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi dpooke,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry you're having some issues accessing your email account. I've popped you over a private message so I can help. (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm