Menu
Wtay1969
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access Blueyonder account

Hi, my blueyonder account was blocked last year after a possible spam issue. I now need access to it but it keeps telling me there is a problem with my password, which i cannot reset.

Called VM who told me to go into my profile but that account doesn't show there, just the new virgin email account.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? i feel i'm just going round in circles.

Thank you

0 Kudos
albob
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access Blueyonder account

0 Kudos
Wtay1969
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, so much for your reply albob.  i had checked the orphan accounts but none applied.

My blueyonder account doesn't show on my account so am unable to use your first link to reset it.

0 Kudos
jem101
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Wtay1969 wrote:

Thank you, so much for your reply albob.  i had checked the orphan accounts but none applied.

My blueyonder account doesn't show on my account so am unable to use your first link to reset it.

The fact that the Blueyonder account doesn’t show as being associated with your broadband account does mean that it has become orphaned, and as such is prone to being deleted at any time. Now there is a chance, and I stress the word ‘chance’ that this BY address could be associated with your account BUT the price of doing so is the immediate deletion of all of the email addresses which ARE currently associated with it. I will escalate this thread to the forum team who will offer to contact you by private message as time really is if the essence here.

Wtay1969
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Jem 101.

I set up a virgin media email address when the blueyonder one was blocked but only use it for my bill. I use Gmail for everything else so it wouldn't be the end of the world if the vm email was deleted.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Wtay1969,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your email address. 

Just to clarify, your blueyonda email address was from a previous account & you now have a new account?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Wtay1969
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak, when i first had the email the VM account was in my dad's name but i was the named person on the account , after his death i took over the full account and my account number had a 2 at the end of it. The BY account was the only email account ever linked to it. The email still worked after i took over the account. It only stopped working at the end of December when there was a spam issue.

Hope this makes sense.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you @Wtay1969 that's great. 

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened. It is possible that the email address has been orphaned but I would be more than happy to check this with you. 

I'm going to send you a PM so we can look into this. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your profile alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos